I have been fortunate to have been involved in putting right a large number of miscarriage of justice cases, many of which have been nationally reported. I strongly believe in standing up for those who have suffered an injustice. I have also brought a number of cases challenging the Government and current cases include a challenge before the European Court of Human Rights
I am recognised as a specialist in defending false allegations with a particular interest in complex institutional care home enquiries and false memory cases
I work with many national support organisations such as FASO , FACT and BFMS .
I contributed to " Hope for the Innocent" a critique of the Criminal Cases Review Commission, other articles in periodicals and the 2009 Major Conference on Historic Cases.
I have been supporter of the Round Table for 20 Years, rising to national secretary of this movement which promotes Community social and business interaction. I held this post for 5 years in total during which the face of Round Table changed.
I currently act as Secretary to the Round Table Trust a Charitable body which funds young people on community service projects around the world .
- I am a Past President of Doncaster & District Law Society
- I am a Council Member at the Law Society representing Yorkshire .
- I am the current Chair of the Scrutiny , Performance & Review Committee at the Law Society
- I sit on the Law Societys Criminal Law Committee , representing the Law Society on the Forensic Science Reform Board , the Court of Appeal Criminal Division User Committee and the CCRC Stakeholders Group
- I have recently taken up the Co-Chair Role on the Crime Contracts Consultative Group ( CCCG)
When I am not practising the law, I also publicly speak to the media and professionally on justice issues, miscarriage, police conduct and investigations. I teach and lecture on Criminal Justice issues , Police Station and Court practice , LAA Funding Issues and Criminal Appeal Practice . I write extensively on these issues